From: The Hills Market
- 1/2 onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 lbs. swiss chard, center ribs set aside, leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz. MacKenzie Creamery Garlic and Chive Chevre
Cook onion with 1/4 teaspoon salt in 2 tablespoons olive oil in large, heavy pot, over medium heat, stirring until softened. Sprinkle with paprika and cook, stirring 1 minute. Add chard in batches, stirring until wilted. Then add raisins and water. Cook, covered, stirring until chard is tender, about 7 minutes. Season with salt.
Cook almonds in remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring until golden, about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle almonds and cheese over chard and serve.